COVID-19 Updates and Information
In response to the COVID-19 virus, known as the Coronavirus, the New Orleans College Prep administrative team, consisting of both central and school-based administrators, has developed an Emergency Readiness Plan for the 4 weeks of school closure that was ordered by Gov. Edwards on March 13, 2020.
Accordingly, students and the public are not allowed on campus and only essential personnel will be on campus to do our part to ensure deep cleaning as well as social distancing. However, during the school closure, schools’ instructional programs will continue utilizing both online and paper-based solutions to ensure continuity of student growth. Below you will find resources for our parents and families regarding instruction and food distribution. We encourage you to check this web-page and our social media accounts for continued updates during this period.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
DISTANCE LEARNING INFORMATION
Walter L. Cohen College Prep
- Distance learning will start on Monday, March 23, 2020 for all classes via Google Classroom
- Parents will receive a letter in the mail later this week that will have their child's NOCP email, password and instructions for logging into Google Classroom
- Teachers will be available to support students daily via email/phone between 10:00-11:30am and 2:00-3:30pm
- Students who do not have access to technology or wifi can pickup paper-based assignments between 9:00am - 1:00pm March 23rd through March 26th
Lawrence D. Crocker College Prep
- Students: Work daily to complete paper based packet prior to returning to school. If you have internet and a device, do your MobyMax lessons.
- Parents: Please communicate with your child's homeroom teacher (K-2) or content area teacher (3rd - 8th grade) with any questions. Please contact teachers with any changes to personal contact information. Parents you can pick up your child's paper packet at Crocker through March 18th between 10am - 12pm and 3pm-5pm.
- Teachers have been advised to contact Hoffman’s families on a weekly basis to check on all of their students via telephone, email, or video.
- Students ages 2-4 will be provided with School at Home daily activities that families and children can both collaborate and engage in together.
- Our Team Leads, Infant (Ms. Jessica), Toddler (Ms. Katie), and Preschool (Ms. Ishonda), will be monitoring teacher and family contacts.
- Dr. Nichols will contact the administrative staff via email and/or telephone on a weekly basis with updates and she will post information on Hoffman’s Facebook page to assist families with educational and community resources.
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
• City of New Orleans: ready.nola.gov
• NOLA Public Schools: nolapublicschools.com/coronavirus-updates
Food Distribution Information