COVID-19 Updates and Information
Student attendance is taken after each virtual class is completed in the Networks school management system J-Campus. Each teacher is responsible for taking attendance and adding it to the appropriate field in
J-Campus, specific to Virtual learning, by digitally indicating if students are Virtual Present or Virtual absent.
Student Attendance-In Person Learning
Student attendance is taken at the beginning of each school day and is completed in the Networks school management system J-Campus. Each teacher is responsible for taking attendance and adding it to the appropriate field in J-Campus. Front office staff is responsible for tardy and late arrivals and populates the appropriate fields in J-Campus.
Transportation is provided by a third party vendor-A&S Transportation which is an Orleans Parish certified school bus transportation provider with up to date bus inspections and driver certifications. The vendor has put in place and will monitor the number of student restriction according to the state guidance and local NOLA-PS guidance respective to current phase models. A&S Transportation will will be responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of all buses before and after each use. Please refer to the Transportation section on page 8 of the NOLA-PS Roadmap to Reopening Schools.
Cleaning and hygiene
The NOCP Network has implemented CDC, LDOE and NOLA-PS cleaning best practice at each site. This includes the investment of Victory electro static backpack and hand held sprayers that dispenses a EPA approved disinfectant solution called Bioesque.
The disinfectant Bioesque has a safe 4 minute no rinse setup time that kills 99.9% of Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi and Mold on common work surfaces and food-contact surfaces. This 4 minute set up time helps with the speed and efficiency of the cleaning and disinfecting of classrooms, common areas and restrooms after each use.
Our clean teams at each location are disinfecting and cleaning areas after each use and a full cleaning of the buildings usable space after each day is complete.
School Specific Plans:
In response to the COVID-19 virus, known as the Coronavirus, the New Orleans College Prep administrative team, consisting of both central and school-based administrators, has developed an Emergency Readiness Plan for the 4 weeks of school closure that was ordered by Gov. Edwards on March 13, 2020.
Accordingly, students and the public are not allowed on campus and only essential personnel will be on campus to do our part to ensure deep cleaning as well as social distancing. However, during the school closure, schools’ instructional programs will continue utilizing both online and paper-based solutions to ensure continuity of student growth. Below you will find resources for our parents and families regarding instruction and food distribution. We encourage you to check this web-page and our social media accounts for continued updates during this period.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
DISTANCE LEARNING INFORMATION
Walter L. Cohen College Prep
- Distance learning will start on Monday, March 23, 2020 for all classes via Google Classroom
- Parents will receive a letter in the mail later this week that will have their child's NOCP email, password and instructions for logging into Google Classroom
- Teachers will be available to support students daily via email/phone between 10:00-11:30am and 2:00-3:30pm
- Students who do not have access to technology or wifi can pickup paper-based assignments between 9:00am - 1:00pm March 23rd through March 26th
Lawrence D. Crocker College Prep
- Students: Work daily to complete paper based packet prior to returning to school. If you have internet and a device, do your MobyMax lessons.
- Parents: Please communicate with your child's homeroom teacher (K-2) or content area teacher (3rd - 8th grade) with any questions. Please contact teachers with any changes to personal contact information. Parents you can pick up your child's paper packet at Crocker through March 18th between 10am - 12pm and 3pm-5pm.
- Teachers have been advised to contact Hoffman’s families on a weekly basis to check on all of their students via telephone, email, or video.
- Students ages 2-4 will be provided with School at Home daily activities that families and children can both collaborate and engage in together.
- Our Team Leads, Infant (Ms. Jessica), Toddler (Ms. Katie), and Preschool (Ms. Ishonda), will be monitoring teacher and family contacts.
- Dr. Nichols will contact the administrative staff via email and/or telephone on a weekly basis with updates and she will post information on Hoffman’s Facebook page to assist families with educational and community resources.
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
• City of New Orleans: ready.nola.gov
• NOLA Public Schools: nolapublicschools.com/coronavirus-updates